A well cared for home will have more buyer appeal and is more likely to sell faster and for a better price. Remember, first impressions are lasting, and buyers are attracted to homes that have been well maintained. Before you sell, consider doing the following:
- Make sure the yard and shrubs are neatly trimmed.
- Paint or power wash the exterior if needed.
- Go through every room, cabinet and closet and remove any excess items.
- Repair or replace any broken or worn out features like leaky faucets, squeaky doors, burnt out lights or peeling paint.
- Clean everywhere! Go beyond surface cleaning. In addition to dusting and vacuuming, thoroughly clean all windows, light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Eliminate any offensive odors.
- Remove or replace personal items.
- If you want to take certain items such as appliances or window coverings, replace them before putting your home on the market or a buyer may want them, and it could be a deal breaker.
- Most importantly, contact a Shorewest, REALTOR®!
Before listing your home, meet with your Shorewest, REALTOR® as they will have expert advice on things to help make your home more sellable.